The symposium on ancient silk road culture has successfully come to an end on 4th February 2017. It was such a great success with more than 200 participants partaking in the event. The whole event was filled with vibrancy and the atmosphere throughout was excellent.
Special thanks to Dr. Peter LAM Kin Ngok, President of Hong Kong Association of Cultural Industries, and Senator Mushahid Hussain Syed, Chairman of Pakistan-China Institute and Honorary Advisor of Hong Kong Silk Road Cultural Society, for their warm welcoming speeches. Every audience certainly enjoyed and had great moments.
Heartfelt thanks to all guest speakers for their informative yet interesting lectures. Not only limited to words, but a precious collection of photography which was taken firsthand during different field trips was presented. It was such great eye-openers to all the participants in the event. A wide range of topics were covered and discussed in the symposium, including the following ones:
1. Xuanzang’s Mission: The One Belt One Road Civilisation and Human Community
2. The Eastern Han Dome of Lei Cheng Uk and Maritime Silk Road of South China Sea
3. Japanese Promoting Experiences of the Ancient Silk Road Art in the past 30 years
4. Peshawar and Taxila: The Cradles of Gandharan Art
5. Gandharan Influence on Chinese Art during Tang Dynasty
It is such a great honour to have invited Miss Florence Hui to be a guest in the closing ceremony.